Tuscany Celebrates 3rd Anniversary
On 2008-12-07 the Apache Tuscany project celebrates its 3rd anniversary as an Apache project. We are excited about our past accomplishments and enthusiastic about the future for Tuscany and SOA, and we would like you to join in our celebration. All week Apache Tuscany will be changing its logo and using special graphics for our virutal party, and you are invited to join.
We've had many important achievements, and the improvements for Apace Tuscany keep coming. In the past we saw the following important milestones:
- November 2005 - SCA 0.9 specifications released by BEA, IBM, Oracle, SAP, IONA, and Sybase.
- December 2005 - Apache Tuscany added as an Apache incubator project.
- January 2006+ - Apache Tuscany release various milestones on the way to 1.0.
- May 2006+ - Apache Tuscany presents at JavaOne, ApacheCon, SOA World, and others.
- July 2006 - SCA 0.95 specifications released. OpenSOA formed. New companies join.
- September 2007 - Apache Tuscany 1.0 release. First implementation of SCA version 1.0 specification.
- February 2008 - Apache Tuscany 1.1 release with SCA policy support, many Web 2.0 bindings, platform integration.
- April 2008 - Apache Tuscany 1.2 release with distributed SCA Domain management,
JAX-WS annotations, and new Atom binding.
- June 2008 - Tuscany goes worldwide with opening of Chinese portal and discussion groups.
- May 2008 - Apache Tuscany becomes and official top level Apache project.
- September 2008 - Apache Tuscany release exciting video series. Hollywood takes note.
- August 2008 - Apache Tuscany 1.3 release with improved Java2WSDL, performance and full security enablement.
- December 2008 - Apache Tuscany 1.4 being readied for public consumption.
The people on the Apache Tuscany team are happy on this anniversary, and look forward to the future. We invite you to try our release and celebrate with us.